The BISSELL Blocktail Party was established in 2005 as a fundraising event for our growing network of 3,900 shelters and rescues across the US. Beginning in 2012, all funds raised through this event will be contributed to the BISSELL Pet Foundation and will continue to support worthy organizations in the West Michigan area and beyond. Funds raised will be allocated and administered by BISSELL Pet Foundation through contributions and grants awarded to organizations committed to reducing the number of animals in shelters and rescues through pet adoption, spay/neuter programs, microchipping and foster care. Click here to learn more about BISSELL Pet Foundation. Beginning in 2018, BISSELL Pet Foundation will only fund organizations who microchip pets prior to adoption and will not fund an organization that declaws cats prior to adoption.
Grant awards for 2018 will only be awarded for up to 10% of your organization’s operating budget.
Adoption Funding is awarded for support of low-cost adoption events and programs up to $135 per dog and $70 per cat.
Spay/Neuter Funding is available at $35 per dog spay/neuter and $25 for cat spay/neuter. Organizations must follow Humane Alliance protocols and provide required supporting information on the application.
Microchip Funding will be given for Found Animals microchips (Datamars) at a cost of $4.95 per chip.
Veterinary Care Funding will be awarded for vaccinations at the time of intake as recommended by the American Animal Hospital Association and the American Association of Feline Practitioners. This includes Rabies, MLV or Recombinant Canine Distemper Virus, Adenovirus-2 and Parvovirus (DAPP), B. bronchiseptica + canine parainfluenza virus at up to $20 per dog; and rabies, FVRCP, Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) and Feline Immunodeficiency Virus (FIV) up to $15 per cat.
Additional funding restrictions may be imposed at the time of award by the grant review committee. This will be detailed in the award
letter and agreed upon in an acceptance agreement. Example: your
awarded funding for spay/neuter may only be approved through a preferred
vendor as determined by the committee.
For additional information, contact BISSELL Pet Foundation.
The organization must:
- Operate and be located in the state of Michigan
- Be incorporated as a nonprofit agency, recognized by the IRS as tax-exempt under Internal Revenue Code section 501(c)(3), and qualified to do business in the state or territory in which they are located, or be a public (local government) entity
- Be in operation for at least 1 year prior to applying for funding
- Actively help to reduce the number of homeless animals in the community through spay neuter programs, microchipping, foster care and adoption
- Be a member in good standing of the BISSELL Partners for Pets (P4P) program for at least 3 months prior to submission of application
BISSELL Pet Foundation will not fund the following activities and programs:
- Grant requests that exceed 10% of an organization’s operating budget;
- Indirect or ancillary costs of veterinarian care (e.g., transportation, gas cards, administrative fees, etc.);
- General operating expenses or overhead (e.g., payment of salaries or routine maintenance);
- Professional development for staff;
- Advertising (e.g., graphic design, printing, website development, etc.);
- Fuel for mobile clinics or animal transfer programs;
- Equipment purchases;
- Deficit reduction or operational deficiencies;
- Fundraising or special events;
- Capital campaigns and/or large building projects;
- Start-up costs;
- Grants to specific individuals or individual animals;
- Wildlife or marine life rehabilitation or rescue; and
- Political or lobbying activities.